Ring doorbell keeps going offline - age or device?

Even though it’s connected to wifi, the doorbell keeps going offline. It won’t be great if I have to travel as can’t keep reconnecting every 1-2 days. Had it for a couple of years - has it just lived useful life?

1 Like

I have the same problem

I have had my ring pro for several years with little issues. It has now regularly started randomly disconnecting from my Wi-Fi. There has been no changes to the Wi-Fi, router or setup that would cause this.
Any ideas as it’s getting very frustrating??

Hi neighbors. If your Doorbell is showing as offline, first verify that it’s receiving sufficient power. For battery powered Doorbells, fully charge the battery with the provided charging cable. For hardwired Doorbells, such as the Doorbell Pro, make sure the wiring looks good and there are no frayed or damaged wires along the doorbell circuit.

After verifying that your Doorbell is receiving sufficient power, the next step would be to check the wifi connection. We have more information on wifi signal strength here. A weak or unstable signal could cause your Doorbell to fall offline.

If this issue persists after reviewing the information above, I’d recommend following up with our support team to take a closer look. You can reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here.

I’m having the same issue. WiFi is fine & doorbell is charged but it keeps going offline. I’ve had to reset it and reconnect at least 3 times so far today. Frustrating isn’t the word!!

iM getting same issue. Last year had same issue, phone support talked be through a different hard reset process. When it restarted it showed low battery life , when charged it lasted 6 months before issues repeated.
Can you tell me alternate Hard Reset option to reset battery status

My ring door bell was 2 years old , battery fine recharges , but all of a sudden drops off so presume they only last a short while ?
I brought another same model thst works well