Ring Video Doorbells

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
C
User Solution
Closed
Ring doorbell keeps disconnecting to wifi
connectivity
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

Why does this keep happening? It’s very annoying as I have to keep
Unscrewing it and reconnected it every week! Doorbells

15-02-2024 01:52:25

Responses (7)

C
User Solution

Hi neighbors, if your Ring Doorbell is frequently disconnecting from wifi, it’s likely due to an unstable signal. There may be temporary interference, or intermittent issues affecting an otherwise strong signal. If you haven’t done so in awhile, try rebooting your router and rebooting the Doorbell. The reboot option for the Doorbell can be found on the Device Health page. These are good routine troubleshooting steps to take.

Some of the things that can cause interference include different building materials and other wifi-enabled devices. Materials like brick or concrete will degrade the wifi signal quite a bit, making it difficult for devices outside to maintain a stable connection. If your router is far from your Ring Doorbell, moving it closer may help improve the stability. Lastly, you can always reach out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance.

16-02-2024 06:13:38

U

This has been happening to ours too. No change to WiFi and it shows as green good signal under device health. Only started this end of January. Battery is fully charged each time but when fault happens battery is still at 89%

16-02-2024 03:56:25

U

This is the same issue I have. I also have 2 batteries, I find when we place a new fully charged battery in, within days it is offline intermittent, I’ve had the doorbell 3 years and WiFi in the same location in the house, all was fine until a few months ago.
This must be an issue with the doorbell, too many with the same problem, but no help when contacting Ring, other than all the steps I have done numerous time

01-03-2024 08:43:47

U

Mine also is having issues and it’s actually beyond frustrating battery fully charged- plug in and works for about an hour before it’s offline and no longer working! This has been happening since the last update and I’m disgusted with it considering how expensive they are! It was put in by a professional so no wiring issue! And my wifi is fibre to premises not fibre to cabinet so I have the fastest internet and nothing else has issues! My blink cameras are absolutely fine as is everything else in the house! Feel like I need a new doorbell as this is unreliable and far too stressful! Not even had ours a year!

06-03-2024 10:20:33

U

Same thing has happened. All devices have gone online, router is sending a strong signal. Cannot connect any devices. So frustrating.

16-02-2024 06:06:07

U

My front door ring keeps going offline specially overnight . We have done everything possible rebooting both router and rebooting doorbell but yet it still goes off line even moved our WiFi booster closer to the front door but still goes offline very fusterating when you pay that money to keep video and there is nothing there because it’s offline has not done this before .,we even pay for a faster wifi but still it goes offline. The only one that don’t go offline is the electric ring security light to the back garden. Not happy at all .

21-02-2024 07:17:38

U

My front door ring is the same even if the unit is next to the wi-fi router after some time it just disconnects there must be some thing with a software problem to have so many units out there having the same problem can anyone out there Help…

21-02-2024 12:19:32

J

Hi neighbors. If you have tried the steps mentioned in the solution and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

22-02-2024 05:02:43

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User