Ring doorbell hardwired suddenly experiencing low battery daily

Exactly how many of us need to report the same problem before Ring Tech support acknowledges they introduced a bug in their latest upgrade? I am looking at other products to replace all of my ring products. Seriously Ring, you used to have great tech support but not any more. And Marley_Ring stop posting useless suggestions and acknowledge that there is a system problem and fix it!

2 Likes

I’ve the same issue, how long has this been going on

Battery concerns are often due to usage or cold temperature. Here are a few Help Center articles that can help with this:

The most popular reasons for battery drain is due to many motion events, frequent or lengthy live views, or poor WiFi signal. Feel free to also check out this Hardwiring Checklist for tips on hardwiring battery-powered Video Doorbells.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Hi,
i have same issue with my hardwired ring doorbell 2.
it happend not charging in May or June and it is already July, hot . the power source in app says “hardwired” with lighning icon on battery icon. I even pull out the battery to recharge using usb and it is charging.
So I guess ring firmware screwed it up ,not able to recharge battery when it is hardwired.
it was charhing the hardwired doorbell for past 2 yrs with no issues and all of the sudden battery becomes so low.
Pls RING fix the issue.

Hi @along73. If the troubleshooting resources that Marley provided above aren’t helpful in resolving your concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for more in-depth assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.