Ring Doorbell Gen 2 showing low battery

Hello,

I’ve had my Gen 2 Ring doorbell for a couple of years now and it suddenly stopped working saying the doorbell was at 3%. I charged it up and it indicated full with a solid green light, but still the app said it was at 3% so I bought a new battery.

I’ve plugged this in and the app says the (new) battery is at 3% again.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

TIA

Hi @Smurrayuk. If your battery percentage in the Device Health section for your Doorbell is not updating, your Doorbell is most likely offline. Are you able to do a Live View? Are you getting notifications for new events? Check the status of your Doorbell in Device Health to see if it says offline. This additional information will help me figure out what steps to recommend next for you to try.

Hi,

It’s showing offline, I’m not getting any notifications and I can use live view.

If I try to look at live view it tells me the battery is at 3%, which it’s not.

*can’t use live view

@Smurrayuk Since your Doorbell is offline, the battery percentage will not update, even if it is a fully charged battery. You will need to go through a reconnection process to get it back online. Once online, the battery percentage will update, and the rest of the features will start working again. Let me know if you were able to bring your Doorbell back online.

I’ve tried resetting it as per the instructions. I wasn’t getting a white spinning light, so I removed the battery and put it back in again which gave me a blue flashing ring, then I pressed the reset button and got the white spinning light. It gave me a Ring Wi-Fi to connect to which I tried but it wouldn’t connect. Now I can’t get the spinning white light again.

What else can you suggest?

I’ve not heard back from you. How can I get my doorbell working again?

@Smurrayuk. Try factory resetting your Doorbell by pressing and holding the setup button for 20–25 seconds to see if it will enter setup mode. If you have tried this step and are still having the same concerns, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.