Ring Video Doorbells

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
A
User Solution
Ring doorbell and camera delays
connectivity
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
notifications

Hi

I have a lag of a few seconds in either notifications or when someone speaks on the doorbell. This makes the doorbell ineffective if I am away. The network speed is great (325 Mbps). The RSI is all green (50).

I believe it’s probably because the servers are in the US and all communication goes transatlantic ?
I tried UK number but it’s dead. Chat is useless. I am trying community support before looking for ring alternatives. With the increased cost ring doesn’t look good anymore. I have 2 devices and subscription cost is per device too.

Please advise if you’ve found a solution.

Regards
Amit

16-03-2024 10:00:07

Responses (4)

C
User Solution

Hi neighbors. Since the Ring Community is a public forum, we can assist with basic troubleshooting tips and troubleshooting steps. Here are some basic recommendations for delayed notifications and Live View concerns:

• Ensure both the Ring app and your phone’s OS are updated to the latest versions available.
  • Force close the Ring app completely and perform a reboot of your phone if you haven’t done so in awhile.
  • Verify that the wifi or mobile data connection on your phone is strong and stable.
  • Run a speed test to check both download and upload speeds on your network, as Live View on the Ring device will utilize both.
  • Reboot your Ring device using the reboot option on the Device Health page in the Ring app.

If you’ve run through the troubleshooting steps above and the issue still persists, our support team can help take a deeper dive. At your convenience, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. Make sure you are selecting the right phone number for your location. There is also a worldwide number, which is +1-310-929-7085.

19-03-2024 07:04:23

U

Its the same for my cam too :woman_shrugging:

Lyn

18-03-2024 07:24:16

C

A post was split to a new topic: Doorbell motion detection assistance

26-03-2024 02:09:18

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

25-04-2024 02:09:33

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User