Hello, I am having problems connecting Ring Doorbell 3+ to Chime Pro Network as I need the wifi-extender functionality, I hope you can help.
The Chime Pro is connected successfully to my home wifi network, this is ok, but then this is the sequence of events:
- Launched app (iPhone)
- Selected ‘Devices’
- Selected ‘Chime’
- Selected ‘Chime Pro Network’
- Selected ‘Ring Doorbell 3+’
- Selected ‘Switch to Chime Pro Network’
- Pressed and released the orange button on Ring doorbell, lights spin, doorbell device ‘voice’ confirms it is in setup mode
- Confirmed in the app by pressing ‘ The light is spinning’
- Chime Pro ‘voice’ confirms is looking for Ring device, finds it, says Ring device is set up and connected to Chime Pro
- After a further minute, Chime Pro voice confirms “Now connected, with Ring you are always at home”
- However, during this time, the Ring App stays stuck on the step ‘Connecting your Ring Doorbell to your Chime Pro Network’ and eventually times-out with the message ‘Your Ring Doorbell could not connect to your Chime Pro…’
- In the app, I go back to Devices\Ring Door Bell and check ‘device health’ and the doorbell is still connected to my home wifi network.
So in summary, it seems the Chime Pro confirms a connection but the process still it does not complete.
Note I have tried moving the Ring Doorbell very close to the Chime Pro and have the same problem.
Thanks in advance for any advice.