Ring Doorbell 3 plus poor wifi

Just changed from a Ring Door Bell 1 to a Ring Door Bell 3 Plus and the wifi connection is terrible compare to the Ring 1 Live Feed takes forever And advice please

Hi there, @Ian68. It is possible that your Video Doorbell 3 is connected to your 5Ghz wifi network, whereas the 2.4 Ghz wifi connection may work better over distance and through exterior walls. If this is not the case, check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing signal strength. Feel free to let us know how this goes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for the reply but it is definately connected to 2.4ghz i have also put a wifi booster next in the porch next to the bell and i am still struggling wit live feeds and wifi signal

Same here. Door bell 2 40-50 rssi, new 3 plus 66. I’ve bought WiFi extender and now the new chime pro. 39rssi on chime 2ft from door bell and still 66 rssi. Cannot acces live view and so slow. Absolutely waited my time and money with this. Will change back to the old doorbell.

Hey neighbors! We also have some information on improving your wifi signal in our Help Center article here. If these suggestions don’t help with your concerns, then you may want to follow up with our support team. They’ll be able to pull up your account and take a deeper look at your device in order to help resolve this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have the same problem. After almost 2 years It still works like that. A waste of money, time and effort. Someone from support tried to help me, but the problem is the poor wifi of the doorbell.
I even installed a business grade access point 3 meters away from this doorbell, mounted on a post so the signal could get easily past the fence. It still works slow and buggy. The rssi varies from 50-81 constantly. If I put mi cellphone next to the doorbell, my cellphone gets a decente signal.

This ring doorbell 3 plus is a waste of money.
They should offer cheaper options with PoE. Currently the only option they offer with PoE is the Doorbell Elite, which is extremely expensive for what it is.