Ring doorbell 3 no power. Battery fully charged

Noticed today that when delivery driver was dropping off parcel that my ring 3 wasn’t working. No power at all and no lights. Last health check showed that the device had 22% battery remaining.

I assumed a dead battery so i removed it. When i plugged the battery in to charge, both lights illuminated and so i assumed that was the problem.

Inserted the battery back in to the doorbell when it was fully charged and still nothing.

I have tried rebooting the Wi-Fi and pressing the orange reset button for 10 seconds to no avail.

Any ideas or do i have a dead doorbell?

Kind regards,

Nathan

Same here. Gen2 only works when charge cable is attached. Once i take it out, it works for a bit then dies. Battery fully charged.

Mine has done the same, battery was working but needed charging now not working even though fully charged. I’ve tried it in a different device but still won’t work

When you charged the batter did one of the lights go off to indicate it was fully charged? Also how old are the batteries? They do have a finite life as being outside in extremes of temp is not ideal for batteries so you will need to replace with a new battery eventually.

Hi neighbors. If you have fully charged your battery and have tried a factory reset but your Doorbell is still unresponsive, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.