Ring doorbell 2nd gen randomly stopping working

I recently bought a 2nd gen Ring doorbell and chime which randomly stops sending notifications, allowing live view or recording motion even though the device is still listed “Online” under device health. It also stops reporting battery level and wifi signal strength. Only solution I’ve found is to totally set it up again from scratch, which works for a couple of weeks until it goes off again.

Initially I thought it could be wifi signal issues so I moved my router to a spot with a better line of site. When that didn’t work I invested in a £200 mesh wifi system for the house which gives me at least 200mbps in all areas on my home including outside by the doorbell. Even on this new network is will randomly drop off and not come back online until a complete reset is performed?

Only less than ideal thing is it’s running off battery but in each case the battery is over 50% charged when it disconnects?

Feels worthless having the doorbell if I can never be sure if it’s going to alert me or record motion!

Edit: I should mention that I’ve tried putting the device into setup mode and then letting it reconnect to my network, it always connects successfully but still does not work. Setting it up again from scratch is the only way to get it back on.

Hi there, @gpdl00355! It looks like you’ve covered all the best steps to get this resolved. Checking resources such as battery and wifi behavior, as well as improving the network equipment, was a great idea. If a reset has not improved this, as you mentioned trying it already, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’ve now set this up two times still now videos Wi-Fi good do not now what else to do