Ring doorbell 2 recording issues (settings help)

Can anyone help with Ring doorbell 2 settings?

The recordings aren’t working properly; a lot of the time the video just shows someone appearing at the door and then the video stops and/or they disappear?! It doesn’t show where they come from/leave to, also the recording of them at the door doesn’t seem to flow constantly, it seems to skip, it’s not a smooth video.
I hope that makes sense?! I have tried regularly to correct the issue in settings with the correct motion zones and recording length, frequency etc. but to no success, it kind of makes having it a bit pointless atm I think so if anyone can help that would be great! Thanks!

Hi @HZY-OTR. Would you mind sharing an example of one of the recordings that is skipping and cutting off? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.