Ring Door View Cam - Set Up Problem.

Hi,

I’ve purchased a Ring Door View Cam. It just won’t set up, I have no light on the front at all, I have scanned & tried without scanning.

It keeps saying it is in ‘set up’ mode but it’s not doing anything.

I have been on messenger with Ring who advised me to download the Rapid Ring App & try that but it has made no difference :cry:

While attempting to set up it says that if there is no spinning light to press a black button on the unit - this is before pressing the orange re-set button, I can’t see a ‘black’ button anywhere to do this.

I’m near to pulling out hair, getting a hammer or just returning the whole thing & giving up. Has anyone got any other ideas, I feel like there is something I must be missing. TIA

PS. I have just found the dashboard & I am on video last Thursday evening trying to sort it outside, as it doesn’t light up I had no idea I was being filmed. There is no other footage.

Hi @D-E. Have you fully charged the battery? If the battery has a charge, you should see some lights on your Door View Cam. Once you’ve ensured the battery is charged, press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds, then release. This will reset your camera. Next, reconnect it to your wifi and allow it to perform a quick update. It should be up and running after that. If you are having trouble with this, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.