Amazon Alexa + Ring

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about how Ring works with Alexa-enabled Echo devices.
M
Ring Contact Sensors Disappeared from Alexa App
alarm
troubleshooting
amazon-alexa
A couple of months ago I installed ring contact sensors on my closet doors and created routines in Alexa to turn my closet lights on and off when the sensor is open or closed. This worked great until 3 days ago. When I checked the routines in Alexa I no longer see the contact sensors as devices. I checked the Ring app and they are still there and configured. I tried re-adding them to Alexa but the app does not find them. I tried removing one of them from ring, resetting the sensor and the. Re-added it but it didn’t change anything. Anyone know what might have caused this or better yet how to resolve it?

06-10-2023 01:32:05

Responses (2)

C
Hi @MikeInTX. Since the Contact Sensors are still showing up in the Ring app and working properly, this isolates the issue to Alexa. Make sure your Alexa app is fully updated, then try unlearning and relearning the Ring Skill in the Alexa app. If this issue persists, you can find Alexa's help center [here](https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201602230) for further assistance.

09-10-2023 04:49:54

M
I've confirmed Alexa is updated. I've tried disabling/re-enabling the Ring skill twice. Still no longer seeing the contact sensors in Alexa. Or any of the ring sensors we have for that matter. This also coincided with my trial of Ring Pro expiring I later noticed. Does Ring prevent sensors from being seen in Alexa if not subscribed?

13-10-2023 08:07:52

C
@MikeInTX The Ring Protect plan is not required to utilize the Ring Skill in the Alexa app. Make sure you're the owner of the Ring devices, not a Shared User, and check that you have the correct [Amazon account linked](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034187232-Linking-Your-Ring-and-Amazon-Accounts) with your Ring account. Not having the correct accounts linked would cause issues with your Ring devices displaying in the Alexa app. If this issue continues, but your Ring devices are still working properly in the Ring app, you'll need to follow up with Alexa's support for assistance. You can reach them at 1-877-375-9365, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

13-10-2023 09:45:32

M
The timing of the trial expiring and the sensors disappearing from Alexa was too much of a coincidence. To prove this theory I subscribed for a month of Ring Pro service and Alexa instantly notified me of the ring devices being discovered. This seems to be only happening with a Pro base station and not the basic as I know others that have the basic and don’t have this issue. I regret buying the Ring Pro.

15-10-2023 03:31:57

C
@MikeInTX This sounds like a coincidence, as I confirmed with my teams that the Ring Protect plan doesn't affect the ability to use the Ring Skill in the Alexa app and discover devices. If this issue appears again, you can also try unlinking your Amazon and Ring accounts and then relinking them as a troubleshooting step.

17-10-2023 07:23:16

FP
Same thing happened to me. as soon as ring trial ended, all ring devices including sensors not visible in Alexa anymore. they were working fine during trial period in Alexa. Is this a new requirement that need to have a protect plan in order to use it in Alexa? because back in March 2023, you also made it necessary to have protect plan to use the ring in app feature to arm/disarm so can it be related to that?

10-11-2023 08:17:03

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

10-12-2023 08:18:01

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User