Ring.com functionality vs. desktop app

I have checked and didn’t see a recent post/update.

I am noticing that the notifications of ring events from Ring.com are coming very late - up to 2 minutes. This makes the feature virtually useless.

Also, it has always been the case that Ring.com does not send notifications consistently when you don’t have the website actively open. It was said in one of the updates that the notifications would work even after closing the window. That’s not happening.

The desktop app is still working properly.

Is there any response or update to these issues?

Just bumping this up as I’ve received no reply. Just last night, it took about 3 minutes for the notification from Ring.com to come to my laptop with the snapshot. That’s really just too late.

Also, it won’t send any notification unless you’ve been logged into the website very recently.

Hi @WMRing. If you are having inconsistent and delayed notifications from Ring.com on your laptop, try the following steps:

• Disable any active VPNs on your network.

• Use a different web browser.

• Verify your Ring device’s signal strength, also known as RSSI, is at a good level.

• Reboot your router by unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concerns, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.