Ring chime won’t connect to wifi

Hi all
Just purchased (a second hand) ring chime. After setting up, the device refuses to connect to WiFi. I can see here that everyone here has the same issue after trying numerous things. So has anyone got it working? Or have I just completely wasted my money on a faulty item?!?

Hi @DaniiWorthington. I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps you’ve tried so far, but there are a few I can recommend that may help get your Chime up and running. First, try plugging the Chime into a different outlet and then attempt to set it up again. If that doesn’t work, you can reset the Chime by holding down the reset button on the side for at least 15 seconds. After the reset is done, try setting the Chime up in the Ring App again. You can also attempt to connect it using a different smartphone or tablet if you have one available.

Should none of these steps work, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: