Ring Chime stop working

I’ve been using Ring doorbell with the Chime for almost half a year now, few weeks ago they both disconnected. I’ve fix the doorbell, but the Chime just wont connect to my wifi. I’ve try everything, restarting modem, trying with different phones, reinstalling the app or having it close to the modem. It always leads to the page where it ask to choose our WIFI, and it doesnt show ours but others random WIFI. How to fix this??

Hey @RayZ. Could you try resetting the Chime? For the reset, you will see a button or a small hole on the side, and you will press and hold down the button for 30 seconds, or if it’s a hole, you will press and hold down a paperclip into the hole. Please ensure the device is plugged in the entire time. If you go through another setup and it’s still not showing your wifi network, give our support team a call here!

I got mine to connect by going to advanced settings and changing static ip to dhcp and it connected in one try.

1 Like

Chimes stop working seems this is common fault, the whole system is a waste of money :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

My ring chime stoped working too

Hey neighbors. If your Chime is not working, it may be related to your network. Try rebooting your internet router to see if that improves the performance of your Chime. To reboot your router, simply unplug it for 3-5 minutes and then plug it back in. It may take up to 10 minutes for your internet to completely restore. I hope this information helps!

I’ve tried everything suggested , my chime just stopped what else can I do

1 Like

Hi @Nik1. Since you have tried everything to no avail, it would be best to contact our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.