Ring Chime Pro Network

How do you choose/select the best Chime Pro for each Ring device? I have two Chime Pro devices (1st gen and 2nd gen) but how do I select the best one for each Ring device? If the Ring camera is in the front of the house with the 1st generation Chime Pro closest, it should connect to that device versus the 2nd generation that is in the back of the house. Some of my Ring devices still have times that they are not connected to the internet and therefore, has blacked-out (unrecorded) spots. How do I fix this?

Hey @shineyAsus99. Since you have one of each generations of Chime Pro, I recommend to install the 2nd Generation Chime Pro closer to the devices that have the most troubles connecting and staying connected.Then, go into the Device Health section of the Ring app for your Doorbell(s) and/or Camera(s) and go into the Change Wifi Network option. From here, you will set up the device again like it was the first time, and when prompted, it will ask you to connect to the Chime Pro network that has the best connection to the Ring device at that time, therefore, even if both are online in the app, the one that is closer should be picked up to select from, as long as they aren’t too close. To make this a more manual job, you can leave one unplugged during this re-connection, and then connect all cameras/doorbells to that one that is still plugged in. Once those are connected to that Chime Pro, then plug in the other Chime Pro, and change the networks for the others, as they should pick up the other Chime Pro network if the Chime Pro is closer. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

How do you know which chime pro a particular camera is connecting to? I have several chime pros and several cameras.