Ring Chime not connecting to WiFi

Hi all, I have just bought 2 Chimes to connect to my Ring doorbell. Neither Chime will connect to my home wifi. They are both flashing green like I believe they are supposed to before connection and I have tried to setting each Chime up close to my router and also close to the doorbell. Still they don’t connect! have also turned off mobile data on my iPhone and deleted and reinstalled the Ring app.
Please help!

Hi @Hannah87. The flashing green light pattern you’re seeing is likely indicating that the Chime is in setup mode. If possible, can you clarify which part of the setup it appears to be failing at? Feel free to attach a screenshot as well so I can take a look. A basic troubleshooting step that may help is to reset the Chime by holding down the setup button on the side for at least 15 seconds. Once that’s done, you can try and walk through the setup again and see if it is successful.

If you continue to be unable to connect your Chime to wifi, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here . If you are outside of the US, please go here to see how to contact support.

I am having the same problem. I recently received a Ring Chime (2nd Gen) and have not been able to setup after trying for several days.

In between tries, i’m resetting the Chime with the reset button.

The Chime is located within 10 feet of both Ring Doorbell and the Modem.

I scan the Code, and click on “Light is flashing Green”

I select Yes for when asked if connecting to my Wifi.

I get the message, restoring your phones internet connection.

A message says it is connecting to my wifi

then i get an error message.

Hi @Cibabo. Thank you for sharing some insight on what steps you’ve tried so far concerning your Chime. Since you’ve walked through several of the basic troubleshooting steps and are still receiving the same error message, it may be best if you reach out to our support team directly. They’ll be able to take a closer look and provide more in-depth troubleshooting steps to get this resolved. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what solution our support team recommends, as it may help other neighbors as well! :slight_smile:

I’ve had a Ring2 doorbell and Chime for 18 months now when the Chime stopped working. The Doorbell2 is working fine, it’s just the chime that has a problem. I reset everything but the Chime refused to play ball after numerous attempts. I contacted Support and was talked through the Chime installations by Amber without success. The phone conversation was cut off for some unknown reason and Amber did email me for my phone number even though I could not reply as her email to me was a no-reply email?? Anyway, my wife and I tried numerous times again to no avail where the Chime would not connect to WiFi as it never got to the point of asking for the Network and Password. We then contacted Support again and talked to Geo. He talked us through the installation again with the same results. My wife and I were getting more frustated by then as the Chime just would not connect even with Ring’s help. Geo even emailed me a link for setting up the Chime. Followed it to the letter with the same result. Ring needs to realise that if the item does not work it is faulty and admit that. No such thing from Ring. We decided to purcase the latest Chime and installed it without any issues. This time the new Chime asked for my Network and associated Password.

So that tells me that the earlier d.mn chime was faulty and Ring should admit and not imply that people don’t know what they are doing.

There are numerous posts about this problem. I returned the item to the store and was told it was out of warranty. There have been Chime returns to this store previously.

1 Like

On a new install I got stuck at “Chime is connecting to (wi-fi SSID)” but the light turned from blue to red and several minutes passed with no change. Repeatable.

I had answered Yes to the question, “You used (SSID) before, use it again now?” So I tried starting over again and answering No. Then I selected that SSID and entered the password, and the process was finally successful.

1 Like

Hi Caitlyn
I am having sim issues with my Ring Doorbell(2nd generation) this is now my second one that Ring have sent me. It continues to disconnect from my Wi-fi, randomly and almost everyday sometimes a few times a day. My Wi-fi is fine, excellent signal, i have gone through resets with ring assistant on the phone. Every time I reset the doorbell it states “updating software” surely this shouldn’t be happening every time? And how can I stop this disconnecting from the Wi-fi?

Hi @Jayne-B04. What is the RSSI for this Doorbell? Is there anything by it, or your router, that could be causing wifi interference? Try rebooting your internet router to see if that will improve the connectivity. I would also make sure that this Doorbell is connected to a 2.4 GHz network for a steady connection. I hope this helps.

Hi Tom
It is the chime that I am having issues with. This keeps disconnecting from my Wi-fi.
My Wi-fi is BT fibre Halo. Excellent signal throughout the house and the chime doorbell is closer to the router than my ring security camera and this has a very strong signal also, spoke with a Ring Customer care and he completed a signal strength check, all excellent, nothing interferes with the Wi-fi signal at all, this is not the problem, also my chime is plugged into a socket with no other electrical sources near it at all. It is clearly something with the chime itself that is not working correctly at all, it appears to be a manufacturing issue and I would like to know how Ring are going to resolve this?

1 Like

Hi Guys,

When you can’t connect your chime to the wifi network, make sure to set your chime ipv4 as manual. make sure the ip address is between the one you set in the router. this will help you connect the Chime.

1 Like

Also, I notice that there’s a certain timeframe that the ring chime will connect to. For example, mine can’t connect if its not 10AM PST. But if I try to connect it within 10AM - 1030AM PST, it will connect automatically. just to share to everyone. :slight_smile: then if it got disconnected, it will connect roughly at the same time between 10AM - 1030AM PST. very weird. haha

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.