Ring Chime 2nd Generation won't flash green to allow setup

I bought a used Ring Chime second generation off eBay, and I’m trying to set it up. When I plug it in, it shows a solid green light after a few seconds. When I hold down the button for five seconds as the app suggests, it goes off, and then comes back on solid green.

When I hold the button down for a long time (over 20 seconds) and release, it goes off, and then comes on blinking blue. The blue blinking continues basically forever, until I unplug it.

Is there something I am missing here? How do I get it to flash green to go into setup?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Hi there, @RocketRick! Holding the button for 20 seconds will have performed a reset on the Chime, which will be followed by the blue blinking light. This is a great step for solving technical concerns that are otherwise persisting. I recommend trying another outlet nearby your wifi router, and attempt the setup in the Ring app again. This should bring you through the setup process, in which following the steps in the Ring app should result in a successful setup. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I get a blue blinking light. I need a GREEN blinking light to enter setup. With the BLUE blinking light, the app never sees it, and I can’t find it in my phone’s WiFi setup, either.

No ideas? Anyone? Bueller?

Hi @RocketRick. Considering that you bought this from Ebay, it is possible that this could have been a defective or trouble device. I suggest buying Ring Devices from only one of our Authorized Retail Partners.

Same thing is happening with mine. I bought new on Amazon a year ago but it went offline somehow. I haven’t been able to get it to set up. Keep getting flashing blue light instead of green. Did you ever get yours to set up?

Hi neighbors. If your Ring Chime isn’t completing the setup process, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Try plugging the Chime into a different outlet, one closer to the router if possible.
  • Reset the Chime by holding down the reset button on the side for at least 20 seconds.

If you’re still not able to get your Ring Chime set up, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.