General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
U
Ring can keep our pets safe with geo fence
neighbors
notifications
app-request
I've been emailing an idea to ring for a couple years that will keep our pets safe... Ring has the perfect geo fence platform for a bluetooth pet harness / not a collar that letd owner know in real time when a pet is loose. ring can easily have bluetooth harness that is constantly trying to comunicate with ever house/apartment/buisness with a ring setup using there geo fence setup..in real time like leaving breadcrumbs..going from house to house. More than half the people on my block have ring... If my dog gets out.it instantly tells my family of course.but also pings maybe a niehbor or house that has ring also...tells that person LOST PET ALERT..there is a dog is in your geo fence area ..with all info on my dog . Who too call..and any other info like dog is skiddish might bite a person...its even better than gps .... If the harness could light up when the pet is loose.then there might be a chance car needs to swerve or stop...most times cats are in a tree in a back yard ..you would be able too see if the harness was lit up... Harnesses wont slip off..collars do..and with the light on the back of harness it wont scare the animal....ring has the comunity and platform already established for this ..in my area the niehbors part on the ring app is at least 60% lost and found pets posts...i have been sending emails to ring and amazon for 14 months... I dont want any money or anything for this idea...just want someone to see that this is obviously a great opportunity for ring and us as pet owners to keep our pets/family safer...gps collars dont let you know when a dog is loose. Just where they are when u realize they are gone..there are 3 different bluetooth modules that work for this,I have done my research on every part of this idea from capabilities of the geo fence platform to the Bluetooth module with the longest battery life with the ability 2 comunícate with the ring software / platform ..but that's for all those engineer's at ring to figure out... Until then... I have a old cell phone hooked up on my wifi with ring as a device..i taped it to the back of my dogs harness (seriously) so if he gets loose...ring changes to away mode ..i have my phone in my pocket.like most everyone else in the world nowadays .so I . instantly know my dogs loose....it's same sound as my doorbell notification so I stop what I'm doing cuz I think someone is at my door... This cell phone harness has been working for 14 months so far...gonna keep wrapping it with duct tape as it wares down....i hope ring does something soon.....Im going to keep emailing until ring finally does this...this will only be successful with the ring platform..in 5 years.everyone will have ring.... Imagine then how safe out pets will be with the community then... Thanks for taking the time to read this...

16-09-2023 08:16:41

Responses (2)

T
Hi @user58647. As we value our neighbors' feedback, we've created a [Feature Request board](https://community.ring.com/c/products/feature-request-board/24). Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

18-09-2023 04:08:52

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

18-10-2023 04:09:04

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User