Ring Cameras to synology

Recently I’ve setup a Synology disk station for PC, phone backup and entertainment. While doing so I ran across the Surveillance station the is recording live streams from my 2 Wyze cams.

I also have a Ring doorbell and 1 indoor cam. To my amazement it is not listed in the Synology app due to rings unwillingness to add a simple line of code to their firmware. Anyone interested in a ring doorbell 2 and stick cam!!:slight_smile:

Ring don’t comply with the ONVIF standards that Synology use.

1 Like

@cyberwasp Ring don’t design their products with stuff like this in mind, its just not a feature of the ecosystem. Ring is designed as an alerts based system, not to provide 24/7 monitoring.

Hi there,
Quite an old topic but I just bought a ring doorbell and I am really frustrated on those limitations.
Onvif is not the only possibility to integrate webcams in SS.
Anyway, I voted for this compatibility also, I would really like to record streaming on SS and not on ring’s cloud (privacy)

I have a paid subscription and do not have time to see what happened when I am not at home to see what should be saved or not. Consider making an API for Synology NAS users who have a paid subscription so that it saves a copy locally without user intervention.

Right now, the process is manual. I must first log into my account, watch what action was recorded and then decide what videos I want to download (no more than 10 videos at a time).

API would be required to log into the Ring account (not intercept the video at source) and download videos and snapshots (from the cloud) and save them locally. At some point in the future if a video was needed (past my 180 day limit) I would have a local copy stored.

Thank you,

1 Like