Ring bridge cannot be found or removedb

I have a Ring Mailbox alert and army Bridge. The sensor stopped working while I was out of the country for several months. When I returned I replaced the batteries but it could not find my Ring Bridge. I checked it and it seemed to be functioning with the blue light solid. But Rng App said it was offline. I tried to reinstall but after scanning the QR code it said “RING BRIDGE IS PREPARING ITSELF FOR USE”. AFTER AN HOUR I CANCELLED. Now when I try adding the Bridge it tells me that it is already installed (but it does not show as a device) and that I need to go to Device Settings and General settings to remove it. But the only thing in Device Settings are my Three Ring Doorbell Cams. HOW DO I REMOVE A D REINSTALL THE BRIDGE SO THAT I CAN USE MY MAILBOX SENSOR??

Thank you

Hi @Lamartek. Try to reset the Bridge by holding down the reset button on the side for 15 seconds. If that doesn’t allow you to set it back up in the Ring app, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.