Hello Ring Neighbours, Ring Support,
Im Joe currently based in Malaysia.
I’ve purchased the Ring Bridge for the purpose of linking my Ring Smart Lights.
I could never add the Ring Bridge and i’ve tried all the methods
found within the following community link.
Following are what i’ve tried individually or combine. Also tried in different sequence.
- Connect my smartphone or tablet device to 2.4 or 5ghz wifi network.
- Fix IP address or DNS IP random address.
- MAC address randomized or Phone Mac.
- Renaming Wifi SSID.
- Change to another Wifi Router.
- Samsung Z Fold, Samsung Note 5, Note 8, iPad Pro, iPad 2. SONY z tablet
- Insert Pin on the Ring Bridge for 10 or 20 seconds. Light turn Red and later blinks in blue color.
- Locating Ring Blink just next to Router or Far apart didnt work either.
- Disabling any security features or removing 3rd party apps in Android Smartphone or tablets.
- WIFI channel between 1 to 10. Also tried 11 to 12. 20mhz, 40mhz or auto for wifi channel width.
- Disable wifi direct. Turn on or off Locations, Mobile Data, Bluetooth, Airplane mode.
- Reboot my devices, Router and Ring Bridge
- Set device Wifi to Join Ring Bridge direclty the try add device via Ring App.
- Clear cache or data of the Ring App. Reinstalling.
- Tablet or Smartphone Device factory reset without installing other apps except for Ring app.
- Ring Bridge blinking blue color
- Ring Bridge blinks green color.
- Factory Reset Wifi Router to only connect Ring Bridge
- Disable any known Security settings or Mac address filter on Router.
- Change password for Wifi. Also tried non characters password.
- Reboot my smartphone or tablet with locations turn on.
- With or Without VPN to US, Singapore, Malaysia.
None of the above solves the problem. The Ring app will always say Connection Successful when join to Ring Bridge wifi and it will then subsequently fail to connect to my router wifi and the ring app loops back to prompt if the Ring Bridge blue light is blinking. Repeating the process never works as well.
This product clearly fails to deliver out from the box and im very disappointed having invested so much into Ring products. Would appreciate your suggestions or help towards resolving this issue.
Poor product support and yet Ring couldnt even bother to respond via email or facebook messenger. Talking to the Support over the phone took 3 hours and yet not resolving the issue
The contact centre finally connects me with another person on the call to arrange for replacement. i was told i will have to return the device else it will charge me for the replacement device Hopefully the replacement does indeed resolves the problem. otherwise it is completely waste of time …