Ring battery stick up cam won’t hard reset

Hi my ring battery stick up suddenly stopped working. After removing the battery recharging until 100% and inserting it still wouldn’t turn on. I then tried to hard reset the camera which also didn’t work. I then tried to deactivate the device and now I don’t know how to reactivate it or what to do. I have tried multiple times to recharge the battery and hard reset the camera by holding the orange button for 20-30 seconds but I get no blue light. I even bought a new battery thinking my old one was faulty but that still didn’t work. Whenever I try to insert the charged battery I sometimes get a solid blue light which then switches off after a few seconds. The hard reset doesn’t even seem to working. Please can someone help? I don’t know what to do

This has also just happened to me. I recharged the battery as it was low and now can’t get the camera to work after recharging. Can’t hard reset it either.

I also had a camera that I hadn’t installed yet die and can’t get that to hard reset or work with a fully charged battery.

So now I’m two cameras down with others getting low but I’m too scared to take the batteries out in case this happens again.

Hi I have the very same problem after recharging the battery the camera has not stopped working nothing wrong with my Wi-Fi as my other out door camera is fine can Ring please address this issue

Fully charging the battery and then attempting to reset your Ring Camera by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds are good troubleshooting steps to try in this situation. If the camera is still not responsive after trying these steps, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also send a private message on Facebook @Ring to get in touch.

How long does it normally take to get a reply? I emailed help@ring.com on Monday and have had no reply. I’ve now sent a message to the Facebook page. I’ve got another camera low on battery and am concerned I’m going to have no cameras left soon.

Hi @user80021. We do not offer support via email at this time. You can reach our support team by phone, or by sending a message on Facebook @Ring. Please keep in mind a response on Facebook may take 1-2 business days depending on their message volume.