Ring app doesn't recognize Echo Gen 4 as a bridge

I have an Echo Gen 4 that is on my Amazon account and Alexa app. I have a new Ring system that includes a smart light that requires a bridge. When I go to set up the light and choose Echo Gen 4 as the bridge, the app says I don’t have a compatible device and directs me to the Alexa app. The Gen 4 is right there in the Alexa app and it works fine. How do I get the Ring app to recognize the Echo as a bridge and allow me to install my light?

I have verified the following already:
The Alexa app is up to date
The Ring app is up to date
The Echo Gen 4 is up to date

I have seen one other thread on this topic that didn’t see to actually get resolved, so I’d love to get to the bottom of this.

Hi @Deltaaa. We have steps on how to use an Amazon Echo (4th Gen) as a Ring Bridge in this Help Center article. Ensuring both apps and the Echo are up to date was a good troubleshooting step. I’d also check that your Ring and Amazon account are linked correctly. You can also try removing the Echo from your Alexa app and re-adding it before attempting to set up your Ring Smart Lighting device in the Ring app.

If this issue persists, it would be best to follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Was it actually resolved. I have the same issue now, all up to date, just talked to the support guy. Does not look it ever worked for anybody… So can we use echo 4th gen or not?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.