Ring announces on echo but routines set to work on press just stop working

Ring announces on amazon echo but routines set to work on ring press just stop working, they were working 2 weeks ago, i have not added new routines or appliances.

1 Like

I have the same issue. No motion alert and doorbell press alert on any echo dots. Disabled ring skill in Alexa, deleted ring devices and re-enables skill, reactivated announcements for ring in Alexa app for each echo device. No luck!

Hi neighbors! You can find some troubleshooting tips for when your Ring and Alexa features stop working in our Help Center Article here. I’d recommend looking through those steps, and if that doesn’t do the trick, you can reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. Additionally, you can click here to go to Amazon’s Alexa Help Center for more in-depth troubleshooting support as well. :slight_smile:

I have the same problem, it’s been a few weeks now that the routines stopped working. I have deleted and reset everything completely, no changes. :frowning:

I am having problem with door bell ring.

I found a solution for me: It seems the Routines stop working if I have the announcements enabled in the settings of my Video Doorbell (Wired) inside the Alexa App.

As soon as I enable these announcement the routines stop working.

These steps helped to get things working again:

1. Disable the announcements
  2. Disable and Re-Enable the Ring Skill

Because enabling the “Built-In Announcements” in the settings of the Ring Device breaks the routine and I do want announcements on all Echo devices, I set up an Action in the Routine to trigger a custom announcement.

2 Likes