RING ALERT/NIGHT CRIMES/SLEEPING

I am tired of seeing people post the same guy breaking into their cars in the middle of the night. Not one person wakes up to call the police. RING (the company) should email all their customers that maybe they are not tech experts but there are ways to improve the chances of waking up when events in the middle of the night happen. You can increase your alert sounds, you can increase the amount of times it alerts you. I even think RING shouldn’t just email their customers and advice them of this features. I think they should be standard at the highest sound volume and the highest repetitive alert setting and if the customer doesn’t like it he can go ahead and change it. RING should let us make custom alerts for example during my sleeping hours I would like my alert to ring 5X and during the day I would only like it 2X.
Custom alerts should have time period options tones options and how many times you want to hear the tones option.

If you aren’t going to do that RING at least Let your customers know that they have options to increase their chances of waking up in the middle of the night and alerting the police. So I don’t have to watch videos of the same thief scoring 10 cars in the middle of the night at 10 different ring locations and no one woke up.

Thanks,
Crime won’t stop or Slow down until people start cracking down on it.

2 Likes

My Ring2 is soooo slow to notify me of “motion at front door” that they are gone before I can view it. Walked by my front door yesterday I got to the end of house & around the corner to garage door before it sent me a notification. Then it takes another 3-4 minutes to be able to view video in the app. I’m using an android phone. Totally useless as a “security” device.