Ring Alarm to cover multiple buildings at a single address

Ring - We need an actual technical solution to monitored alarm systems that cover multiple buildings at a single address. Your existing ring extenders do NOT suffice.

Two potential product options or feature requests:
1 - Two z-wave extenders that are wired in between (rather than using the z-wave protocol directly) to allow reliable transmission.
2 - Allow base stations to be “paired” into a single system over TCP/IP.

I was just on the phone with your support and you said that you cannot have two monitored alarm systems at the same address for legal/compliance reasons. Heard/acknowledged, but that is NOT what we asking for. We are NOT asking you to violate the law and have multiple alarm systems at a single address. We are asking for ONE alarm system at ONE address that covers MULTIPLE building reliably. You can do that either by providing an actual reliable wired extender (#1) or allowing multiple base stations to be paired into a SINGLE alarm system (#2) that covers multiple buildings at a single location.

My preference would be #2 as it should be able to be implemented trivially via software changes only (no software changes required) since your base stations already have internet/TCP/IP connectivity.

Can you please acknowledge this feature request?

To accomplish this task, you’ll need to purchase a real alarm system such as a DMP or Honeywell. Ring is great for single home or small apartments etc. I use one on my outbuilding. However, since they don’t even have a human answer the phone these days, I opted for a real security system in my home that has real sirens, strobes, integrated smoke/CO, glass break detecting, etc.

The replies implies that professional monitoring will be used. What if I want to manually monitor two buildings? Can I put a Security Hub in each building? Wi-Fi covers both buildings. We are trying to monitor for water leaks with a flood sensor in utility room in each building. A single Security Hub only detects one sensor in the nearest utility room. I tried two Security Hubs with one near each utility room. But Ring won’t let me put the second Hub at the same location. If this limitation is due to contraints on the professional monitoring, that OK because we are going to use manual monitoring. Can I disable the constraint that only one hub can be used at a location?

Hi @user5028. No, the Ring app only allows one Ring Alarm system to be set up per Location. If each building has a separate address, they can be added as two different Locations, with one Ring Alarm system at each. You can learn more about Locations here.