Ring alarm sounds on Echo devices

It would be good if the alarm sounds could be replicated across Echo devices to allow them to be more easily heard throughout the house. The base station isn’t really that loud even at its highest setting and chirps are easily missed unless you’re close by.
When an alarm sounds if it came out of the Echo devices also it would not only be louder but also more disorientating for an intruder with alarm sounds coming from multiple locations.

12 Likes

As far as chirps are concerned, you can already setup Alexa routines that will make sounds / speak alerts throughout your house when sensors are tripped.

Unfortunately this only works with chirps and even then you have to set up a routine for each sensor, and for each echo device you want to alert on. So for say 3 doors and 4 echo devices that would be 12 routines to set up! Even worse, you can’t even select the same chirp tone as on the main system.

There is nothing that can alarm on echo devices when the alarm system is triggered.

2 Likes

Great idea

Why hasn’t this already been done! It’s a no-brainer, unless it interferes with a wider plan to sell external alarm add-ons…

1 Like

This would be a great feature! I noticed that Ring just allowed alarms to sound through some Ring cameras. The next logical step (I hope) is to enable it through the Echo devices.

Let’s vote this topic up!

3 Likes

I’m surprised that this feature doesn’t already exist. Please add!

1 Like

I’ve been asking ring about this for a few years now.
Whenever I talk to someone in support I always remind them that this feature should be added.
Every tech says “that’s a great idea”, but 3 years later and still nothing.

2 Likes

This should absolutely happen. Please add this feature and also sound on a Chime as the alarm then can sound all over the house.

Came here to request the same - seems like a no brainer, we have an Alexa in every room and the base station alarm is not that loud

100% agree - it would make total sense to be able to duplicate chirps and alarm sounds on any Echo device.

1 Like

Upvoting! Please add this feature!

It’s apparently a feature in Alexa Guard Plus, not the basic Alexa Guard. From what I read, you get Alexa Guard Plus with a Ring Protect Pro subscription but I haven’t signed up yet since my trial is still going.

My echo dots and other alexa devices should be able to set to alarm when the alarm is tripped.

The Siren on the base station is quiet and difficult to hear, and the Dome siren is disappointing and not very “burglar alarm” like not worthy of a 3rd party additional purchase.
However in many homes there are multiple Alexa devices throughout the home and throughout different floors and rooms that already use Alexa Guard to guard the home in conjunction with Ring Alarm. They can be easily utilized to relay loud siren alarm alerts. Alexa devices should blare with loud burglar alarm sirens when Ring is triggered and optionally relay door open tones as well.

I also look forward to a louder native siren that is loud and has the same tone/pitch of competitor alarms (such as ADT) in addition to a native glass break detector instead of relying on Alexa Guard.

1 Like

I like this idea as well. I have Alexa throughout the home, would be nice if they could help.

To increase the audio loudness of the siren from the alarm it would be great to have Alexa integration for a alarm event. For example when the alarm siren goes off for any reason Alexa can be programed to sound an alarm too. This would add the alarm sound to any room Alexa is in.

+1 on this. Volume of the siren has been degraded and has me looking at other products

Multiple users have requested this for years. Why isn’t this a feature yet? Even the Ring telephone support techs seem puzzled that this hasn’t been added. Is Ring worried that adding the feature will hurt sales of the 3rd party round beeper thing they call a siren? :rotating_light:

1 Like

So the ring alarm can trigger Alexa for motion or a contact opening but not the siren. I would have thought that to be the first integration. Please add. I see this has been a request for a long time.

1 Like