Ring Alarm Product Supply Issues Coupled with Customer Service Support

2018, I bought a Ring Door Bell - works great. Then i bought 2 Flood Light Cams, plus spot light and 2 floodlights, year 2019 - all work great. Both purchases went great and support was great. So i signed up for protection plus plan. All going smooth then jump to 2021.

I spent over $500 on building a Ring home alarm system: basic alarm kit with retrofit, smoke alarms, extra pad, and another spot light, dome siren, wireless outdoor plug. I made that purchase on July 13, that same day I received an email telling me my stuff would be sent out in 24 to 48 hours, look for tracking number. This didn’t happen, so I called customer service (CS) and they escalated to shipping and told me that shipping would reach out to me with in 24 to 48 hours, surprise, this didn’t happen either.

Called CS back and they escalated a 2nd time - 2 days later shipping sent me an email that said dome siren was back ordered and that I would receive my stuff on July 25 -28. Guess what? Didn’t happen. Called on 28th, you guessed it, they escalated for a 3rd time to shipping. On the 30 of July, i hadn’t received any feedback from shipping, so i called CS again, wait for it, they wanted to escalate it to shipping again, that would have been a 4th escalation.

I was grumpy, so i asked the CS Representative if I could speak to a supervisor or refund me my money. She put me on hold and came back and said i want to be honest with you, and I thought, that would be nice. Anyway, i was told that the retrofit kit was back ordered now and I wouldn’t receive my stuff tell sometime in August.

That was it, couldn’t take it anymore, so I said Please give me a refund. CS processed a refund which they said went through, but they couldn’t provide any confirmation #, they said don’t worry it went through and I would get an email.

30 minutes later my wife tells me we got a Ring Email! Husband: Oh Gooooody, is it the refund? Wife: No, they say your order has been shipped! Husband: What? Husband: Is there a tracking #? Wife: No.

Now here we sit with a stomach ache not knowing for sure if we got a refund or shipment. Absolutely Cray Cray!

I don’t know what’s going on with Ring, a great experience to very poor experience. It’s not that the customer support people are rude they are quite nice with the standard responses. I feel you frustration, I’m sorry you’re going through this, etc… But I rather Ring be up front and tell me that they have a supply issue and that things will be shipped out in a month, then tell me it will be shipped in 2 to 4 days, then17 days, now August sometime. In the end, i had to ask for my $$ back.

Normally, I wouldn’t waste my time on providing feedback like this, but I think Ring is worth it. However, for the moment, Ring appears to be on a downward spiral, I expected more based on the past, what a shame.

Hi @DanBev. This is not the experience that we want you to have. I know that COVID has impacted our our shipping in some capacity, but this does not sound like the case here. I recommend reaching out to our support and speaking to a Neighbor Solutions Expert Team Supervisor to handle this for you. That is our top level team and their level of care is second to none. I’m confident that the supervisor you speak to on that team will be able to address all of your concerns. I will pass this feedback along to my team so we refine this process for all of our neighbors.

Sorry for your frustrations. It does seem quite a few folks here have issues with Ring shipping, delays, confirmation numbers, refunds and the like so I do hope they are listening. I would suggest an alternative - Amazon! The own Ring as of a few years ago. I got my setup from them and are stellar with customer support, tracking, no-hassle refunds, etc. If folks here wait for Prime Day, you can get mega savings on most of the Ring products at unheard of prices.