Ring 3 plus wifi woes

Purchased a new Ring 3 Plus yesterday. Charged the battery and connected it to my Wifi, which connected on second attempt. It then downloading a firmware update. I tried a few test rings and motion detection and it all seemed to work fine.

This morning nothing, The app reports no wifi connection, so i have removed the device and worked through all the tests in doors (in the room where the wifi transmitter is, and it refuses to reconnect. It seems to try but does not authenticate.

My wifi (2.4ghz) gives a -48db signal in doors wher ei am trying to connect. I have also tried another access point with different SSID and still the same problem.

Any suggestions please?

Hi @GordonR. Thanks for sharing what steps you’ve tried so far. Since your Doorbell is still not showing as online and maintaining a stable connection, it may be best if you reach out to our support team directly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to pull up your account and take a closer look at your device to see what may be causing this. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: