Ring 3 door bell plus drops connection constantly

Well not sure where to start in all honesty. I own other rings products and they work flawlessly, but this door bell is another matter.

I’ve owned this product for 4 days and I’ve not had a period of 24 hours where the doorbell has stayed connected to my network. A network reboot has not resolved the issue and I’ve then had to setup the device again on numerous occasions during the day.

I don’t know what else I can do. I’ve tried normal Wi-Fi setup, guest network setup and static ip setup and it won’t stay connected to my eero mesh network. The network strength is good and it’s showing as green with RSSI -53 within the app, but it’s not connected to the network.

Is there anything else I can try before I send it back for a refund?

Hi @RichieH76. It sounds like you’ve gone through all of the basic troubleshooting steps I would have recommended as well. In this case, it may be best if you touch base with our support team directly. They can take a look at your account and device directly in order to help diagnose what could be causing these connection concerns with your Doorbell. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi Caitlyn many thanks for the response.

I’ve done some further testing and it would seem that the issue is with the eero wifi system. For some reason it doesn’t like to stay connected and the only way to reconnect is to setup the device again. This is not an option to me so these will be sent back for a refund.

I installed my old bt whole wifi setup and I have had a stable connection without any wifi drops, I’m starting to make some progress at last.

Something which is bugging me is live view, it’s very hit or miss. Sometimes it connects 1st time and other times it takes many attempts to get it to connect. What I find strange is that within the app when I click on live view, the the microphone and speaker go white within a couple of seconds but then after a while it says ‘live view ended - Reconnect’ but it still doesn’t connect.

I’ve tried using the rapid ring app but this makes no difference at all.

Is there something else I can do to resolve this issue?