Ring 2 Solar panel isn't working

I have a 2020 Ring video doorbell, I’ve purchased 2 solar panels, neither of which have worked. I contacted support and was told I can only use the “Ring” Solar panel, even though the specs for my solar panel are the same- I was told that is why it isn’t working also they don’t offer a remote solar panel for this unit (the one for this unit is the bracket solar panel that will get no sun at the installed location). I wouldn’t recommend this device to anyone, having to take it off every month is a pain, Solar chargers aren’t working (ALOT OF pple I are having this issue according to hundreds of reviews and comments) and having a “Ring” solar panel versus a different brand should make no difference as long as the watts/volts/amps are the same or better. If anyone has a fix for this I would appreciate the input.
Thanks, Steve

Hi @Steve71. When installing the Solar Charger for the Doorbell, you want to make sure you’re following the installation steps as outlined in our Help Center Article here. Trying to install the device in any other way may cause damage to your devices so we do not recommend it. For any questions regarding your Solar Charger and how it’s working, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can pull up your account and take a closer look with you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: