Returns and Refunds

In looking at the posts from May, I am guessing Ring can ship and sell, but cannot process returns and provide refunds. I sent back cameras and solar charging, and my tracking shows it was received 10 business days ago. I called into Ring and customer service could not provide a status, and said I would get an email on status within another 3 business days. Today I received an email without status, just saying that due to COVID returns are slow in scanning. Keep in mind that if you included the RMA bar code in the box, the processing of the return is scanning the RMA lable and confirming the product. So the only thing that could be happening is either 1) returns and refunds are not a priority and finding another provider of such products is probably a good idea in the future, or 2) Rings products are not acceptable or breaking alot and the quantities of returns are so large that they cannot get to scan a return in 10 business days.

@mpatterson wrote:

In looking at the posts from May, I am guessing Ring can ship and sell, but cannot process returns and provide refunds. I sent back cameras and solar charging, and my tracking shows it was received 10 business days ago. I called into Ring and customer service could not provide a status, and said I would get an email on status within another 3 business days. Today I received an email without status, just saying that due to COVID returns are slow in scanning. Keep in mind that if you included the RMA bar code in the box, the processing of the return is scanning the RMA lable and confirming the product. So the only thing that could be happening is either 1) returns and refunds are not a priority and finding another provider of such products is probably a good idea in the future, or 2) Rings products are not acceptable or breaking alot and the quantities of returns are so large that they cannot get to scan a return in 10 business days.

Hi @mpatterson ,

Don’t lose hope. With this Covid-19 mess going on, available Ring people on different split-shifts to avoid getting the virus, everything is not normal. For example, due to manning issues, the normal email support has been temporarily discontinued. So in these unusual days, just a little extra patience is probably all that is needed. :slight_smile:

I too had an extra delay with a return, so you should call Ring Support again, explain what happened, and I’m sure they can straighten things out for you, as they did for me:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19, their available hours have been changed also:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

I hope you find this helpful :slight_smile:

I also returned some cameras to Ring over 3 months ago and cannot get a refund. Every time I have contacted Ring I am told the return needs to be forwarded to the refund department and I should have the refund within 10 days. I have been told this 4 times. I will no longer purchase items from Ring. Customer service is horrible!!

Mpatterson, at least you got an email. The only email I have gotten about mine was the email with my mailing label for the return. Problem with that is they sent it to the wrong email address. It took about a month to figure that out.

I’m having to deal with this and their customer service is the worst of any company I’ve dealt with. Such an uphill battle trying to get them to do anything outside of “escalating” the issue.

2 Likes