Retrofit

Greetings, and I apologize if this question has been posted or answered elsewhere in the Community. I have an ADT (Ademco equipment) analog wired alarm system, now 28 years old and it has never failed us. But, it is time to upgrade and I would like to migrate as much of the old sytem to Ring Alarm if possible. I am aware of the limitations of the Retrofit kit (e.g. powered sensors are not supported), but I stumbled across the disclaimer that the retrofit will not work with sytems with a 3rd party keypad. I am not understanding this limitation, since most if not all systems would have a keypad or such to arm and disarm the system. Could someone comment about this limitation? Is there a “work around” the limitation of powered sensors? or is this something Ring will have as a feature in future products ? Thank you.

Hi @RingOKC. For this question, I’d suggest contacting our support team and asking for the Ring Alarm team specifically. You can reach them by phone at one of the numbers available here. They can help answer your questions about the Retrofit Kit to see if it’s the right fit for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like