Retrofit Alarm Kit and Monitoring via Protect Pro

I have had the Ring security system for over a year and it is a combination of cameras, two window sensors, and a retrofit kit that took over wired sensors for doors and windows. I am using 7 zones. It was professionally installed by OnTech and everything in the app looks correct. We arm “Home” at night, which is set to monitor the three cameras and it only shows the two devices from Ring - both window sensors. However, the base station appears fine and the retrofit kit does as well. Alerts can be set for opening and closing the zones, but we just realized that when the system is armed, not only does it not list the retro kit/ ones as being monitored, you can open one of the doors and the alarm will not trigger. We have Protect Pro and cannot figure out the issue. The retro kit showed no activity for 60 days and I tried changing the batteries just in case. The power shows strong and there are no weak signal indicators.

I thought this was to be covered in the monitoring plan as well. What would be causing this issue as I have seven zones that are essentially not monitored other than a notification push when a door opens?

Hi @Rgarrets1977. You can find information on the Retrofit Alarm Kit in our Help Center here. If you still have more questions regarding your concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.