Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
G
Report false person detection in app
ios
motion-settings
app-request

Could an option to report false person detection be added please? Intent is so it can be used to improve the detection system over time. Sunlight changes seem to regularly report as a person for my indoor cameras at the moment, and there seems no way for me to feed this back.

My old Netatmo Indoor cam has this, and it does seem to improve the detection system over time.

22-07-2022 10:47:26

Responses (5)

T
Hi @GWilko. When viewing a video on your Event History Timeline, you should see an option to rate the video towards the bottom of the Ring app. After tapping the thumbs down button, you have the option to add more info. This is how you add feedback through the Ring app.

22-07-2022 11:09:06

G
Hi Tom, I don’t see that option. Can you share a screenshot of where it should be? I’m using iOS if that helps.

05-08-2022 10:10:31

C
Hi @GWilko, happy to share this screenshot for you. Make sure you are on the Event Timeline, which you can access by tapping on the Camera Preview for your Camera or Doorbell from the dashboard of your Ring app. Scroll to the event that you'd like to provide feedback on, and you will see in the bottom right the option to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. This screenshot is from iOS as well. ![image|478x500, 75%](upload://nyyWftQD8371QoBrrQ2pcv5lyWy.png)

05-08-2022 08:01:41

G
Hi @Caitlyn_Ring , much appreciated - the screenshot is very helpful. However I don’t get that in my Ring app for any of the cameras I have (there are 3, and also 2 doorbells). I see no option to thumbs up or down, only this; ![image|370x500](upload://1eRxwejvlUKSZvrHeVNcxmbFvOi.jpeg) I have the latest version of the iOS app, and everything else is also up to date. Any ideas why I don’t see it?

07-08-2022 09:52:22

T
Hi @GWilko. If you tap the "..." More button, a menu will appear with a Feedback option. You may have to swipe left to reveal the button. I hope this helps.

11-08-2022 04:39:39

G
Hi @Tom_Ring , I don’t get that either (see my screenshot of what I get with when selecting the … ). Where might it be hiding? ![image|373x500](upload://kNHFDgLedKWXFCujueakJdQb6o2.jpeg)

14-08-2022 01:36:22

T
If I find that my floodlight ring camera is not picking up on people walking close to a hedge or something, but that the person is perfectly visible on camera, I would like a feature to submit the video to Ring so they can have a test video to check future algorithms.

25-08-2022 12:00:36

T
Yes, there should be a "submit false positive" and "submit false negative" feature.

13-02-2023 10:50:27

R

I would like an easier way to provide feedback on person detection. Basically a way to say “this was not a person” for the selected video within the app so that it goes directly to the ring team. Right now we are told to “send the video to Support” but not told a method in which to do that. Even if you know, that’s a lot of steps to manually share the video with support. Ring should want to improve the algorithm and the best way is to make it easy for user feedback.

I keep having issues where i get person notifications for things that are definitely not people. Spiders climbing on the lens, deer wandering the driveway, now even pigeons wandering in the distance.

This feature would be similar to how you can give feedback in the alexa app on the voice history on if it responded when you didn’t use the wake word.

04-09-2023 12:26:35

S

I also do not see that option. I get a lot of deer triggering Person Detected.

16-11-2023 04:22:52

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User