We received 2 defective sensors with our Ring alarm. We have since replaced them, but now those sensors always register as offline in the app (most likely because we scanned the QR code with the original alarm system and sensors). Is there any way to troubleshoot this, and get the system to recognize the working, replaced sensors? Thanks!
Hi @evian238! The best first step here will be to remove those sensors from the Ring app. To do this follow these steps:
- In the Ring app, tap Menu , then tap Devices , then tap Alarm Base Station , then tap the sensor you wish to remove.
- Tap the Gear icon on the top right corner, then tap Remove , then on the next screen tap **Remove ** again
- Remove the cover from the device and remove the battery from the device.
- Wait a few seconds and then reinsert the battery.
- The app will let you know the device was removed. You can remove the battery from the sensor until ready to use again.
Once you remove the old devices, you should no longer see them in the app. I hope this helps!