Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
S
Remove the orange banner prompting me to upgrade to Protect Plan
ring-protect-plans
app-request
Remove the orange banner prompting me to upgrade to Protect Plus even after the trial period has expired. It blocks the camera view unless I scroll up everytime which is a terrible UI experience.

19-03-2020 05:16:57

Responses (38)

C
So I have a Ring Stick Up Cam aimed out my living room window, just so that I can see what's going on outside (weather, etc.) when I am away from home. As this is on the 6th floor of a condo building, there is really no security functionality being provided by this camera, and therefore no need for it to be recorded -- I don't want to have to buy a Ring Protect Plan for this camera. Unfortunately, the Ring app does not have an option to turn OFF the prompt "Your videos are not being saved. Learn more about the Ring Protect Plan." PLEASE add an option somewhere to allow us to turn off this prompt. Not all camera feeds need to be recorded and I don't like seeing the prompt on the screen.

17-03-2020 02:34:58

C
Before anyone mentions it: Yes, I know I can eliminate the prompt by turning off Record Motion and Motion Alerts on the camera. But then I get the stupid icon with the camera with a line through it. I don't want to see that, either.

17-03-2020 02:39:15

C
Seriously, Ring? This STILL isn't fixed?

11-11-2022 06:18:27

C
**E-mails with Ring today -- first, their e-mail to me:** Hi Clay, It was a pleasure working with you today. I am glad we got everything taken care of. We deeply value your relationship with Ring and we are committed to providing you with the highest level of service. Your feedback is highly appreciated, will work on this as soon as possible. Should you have any questions or comments, remember you have a Neighbor here at Ring, and it is always me. Have a nice day! Here at Ring, your safety and security is our top priority. To protect your Ring account, you should take advantage of two-step verification (2SV) available in the account settings of the Ring app. Please consider enabling the 2SV feature via text message in your account today. We also, recommend changing your password and making sure it’s different from any other password you use; it’s the best way to protect your Ring account. For more information on how to set up 2SV [click here​](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039693891)​. Thank you for contacting Ring! For more information, please visit [ring.com](http://ring.com/) or our online help at [support.ring.com](http://support.ring.com/). Jen **Ring Community Support** **Then, my response:** Hi Jen, “I am glad we got everything taken care of.” Well, no, we didn’t. When I stop seeing that orange banner, THEN it will have been taken care of. In the meantime, you have work to do to make it possible/easier for people like me to get rid of that stupid warning permanently – once I dismiss it, I do not EVER want to see it again unless I add another camera. Thanks, Clay

11-11-2022 06:45:41

C
nobody care :rage: i think

07-12-2022 04:20:16

T
Agreed, this is incredbily annoying.

29-03-2020 03:17:12

T
I've had Ring for well over 30 days. I already have a plan. I still have the annoying orange ad at the bottom of the screen every time. I can temporarily remove it by swiping but it appears again next time. I know this has been commented on before "featured requests." When will this advertisement end?

10-05-2020 03:03:38

J
Is there any way to remove or block this message?

21-08-2020 07:04:21

A
I suggesting that the user has the option to turn off the Ring protection plan at the bottom of the app window. It is a bit annoying.

05-12-2020 02:35:16

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User