Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
F
Remove Advertising/Marketing from Ring Apps
app-settings
app-request
There is no excuse whatsoever for including ANY marketing and/or advertisements in Ring apps. It's very disrespectful to customers. (It also serves as an instant reminder to customers of how badly they have been treated by Ring and its parent company.) Thus, Ring should immediately eliminate the following content from Ring apps: * Discover section on the Dashboard * What's New menu choice * Shop Deals menu choice Ring should also eliminate ALL use of menu "badges" as Ring tends to utilize them in an exploitative, anti-consumer manner.

15-06-2021 04:22:33

Responses (35)

J
+1 Ring should allow you to disable adverts I do NOT wish to know about prime day when im managing my home security. Ring...?

14-07-2022 04:28:46

O
For paid users, we should be able to disable in-app promotions and have a clean UI.

01-08-2022 07:33:45

D
Agreed 100%! And now they are making you sign into your Amazon account (and assuming you have one) before you can get rid of the red "whats new" alert for Amazon packaging This is absurd. I went through and viewd everything just to get rid of the alerts only to have one left because i refuse to tie my Amazon account to Ring Please remove adds!!

25-09-2022 01:13:59

F
Dagon - Wow... I certainly hope you are incorrect, as it would seemingly be a very unethical thing for Ring (and/or its parent company) to do. Of course, I won't be able to verify your observation, as I refuse to click on marketing/advertising in the Ring app – as it only encourages Ring (and/or its parent company) to keep treating customers badly (due to selfishness and greed).

29-09-2022 02:56:28

U
Please remove the "Swipe to discover more" section from the home screen. Or at the very least, make it able to hide after it has been read (without popping up the next time you open the app). This is really not wanted by many. You are shoving advertisements down the throat of paying customers, absolutely not gentlemen behavior. Without consent. This makes me absolutely look less more negative about the Ring and Amazon brands and from what I heard, I am not the only one. Perhaps it was a mistake to put such trust into the Ring of Amazon brand, should I have gone with a different brand such as Google Nest or Eufy? Let me know please, I can still return the gear at this moment...

16-10-2022 11:38:44

U
+1 absolutely agree with you guys. This is incredible unethical and makes me see Ring/Amazon negatively. I should have been wiser not to choose Ring/Amazon in the. first place... Returning hardware while I can...

16-10-2022 11:46:37

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User