Refund from cameras send back

Can someone please tell me how long it takes to get a refund. It’s saying my stuff was returned on 14th Dec

Hi there, @Markeyglen1. Once the returned device(s) are received by our team, a refund will then be processed within 7 to 10 business days. Feel free to check out our return policy for more information. If the time frame described has passed, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

My spotlight cam return was confirmed as delivered back to Ring on 7 December (DPD tracking 5505358475865) but still no refund. PayPal transaction, purchased 26 November.

Can you please process the refund on receipt of this message?

Still waiting on my refund from cameras that I sent back on 14th Dec. Can someone please arrange it for me please

Hi neighbors! This is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum and not a direct line to support. As such, we cannot look into your account or help with any billing or refund related concerns. You’ll want to follow up with our support team via one of the numbers that Marley linked above and they’ll be able to look into this for you and ensure that your refund is processed. :slight_smile: