Recording my own messages

Hi, I would like to be able to record my own messages to respond to the doorbell. This would be friendlier and in UK English

Absolutely this!

Why chose from a range of options - none of which are quite right or in the right accent/voice - when we could just make our own.

Much simpler and more useful, and let’s be honest we could record our own answer phone messages decades ago.

1 Like

It is now nearly December 2023 and this is still a hugely relevant suggestion!
The quick responses available are quite frankly embarrassing - as there are no good English voices / accents. We have strong regional variations and it would make far more sense to be able to record your own. We also don’t use our front door and want to have a message saying please can you come to the back door. This we thought would be simple - but no!

You could use an online ringtone maker. I believe Ring uses the ogg vorbis format for its audio files

Absolutely agree with this one

Yes, apart from the annoying accent, I want to specify to the postman and parcel service where to leave parcels. Personal message creation should be a standard feature.
Come on Ring

Absolutely crazy, I guess Ring will do it eventually with a stupid price hike to allow the function