Recharging Video Doorbell (2nd Generation)

Hello,

I received the notifcation to recharge the battery so followed the instructions, which are:

o charge your Video Doorbell (2nd Generation) battery:

• Remove the security screws on the base of the doorbell and lift the doorbell up and away from the mounting bracket.

• Connect the orange micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery. During charging both the red and green lights will light up.

• Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green

I’ve done as above and the doorbell blue light is flashing as (presumably) it’s charging. There are no red or green lights. Should there be and if so, where?

Hi @Gandalf. The Doorbell light will not be red or green, that information is referring to the LED lights on the battery itself which is what you’ll see with the Video Doorbell 2. This model of Doorbell has a removable battery, so the charging indication lights are on the battery itself. For the Video Doorbell (2nd Generation), the Doorbell light itself will blink blue and gradually fill up to indicate a full charge, which typically takes about 8 hours. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, thanks. I can’t see the batter but it has charged.