Questions on Modes, Schedules, Geofence, and Record lengths

Hi @Yelper85. I’m happy to try and address all of your questions here. Given that there are a few different questions, I will answer them with a list, similar to how you asked them, so it’s easier to read.

1. No, you can either use the Motion Snooze on one Camera at a time, or use the Global Snooze on all Cameras. You’re welcome to add this suggestion to our Feature Request board, which is how we gather new ideas and suggestions to share with our teams here.

2. At this time, the Mode Schedules feature only applies to users with the Ring Alarm. If you only have Doorbells or Security Cameras, you won’t be able to utilize the Mode Schedules feature. Other neighbors have requested this functionality on our Feature Request board here, where you can also vote and add your feedback.

3. You will only receive the reminder to arm your system after leaving the Geofence perimeter if your system is Disarmed. If your system is on Home Mode, you won’t receive the reminder as Home Mode is considered armed.

4. The Geofence feature doesn’t automatically change the Mode on your system for you. It’s designed to remind you to change the Mode when you leave or enter the Geofence perimeter. You can find this suggestion on our Feature Request board here.

5. With Advanced Motion Detection, video recording will stop when motion stops. This is to prevent extended recordings where nothing is happening. If motion is occurring for the entire duration of your Video Recording Length, then the recording will continue for the entire duration. If that motion continues past the Video Recording Length, a new event will trigger when your device detects the motion again.

I hope this helps answer all of your questions.