Question for human motion detection

Hi everyone,

I have some questions before buying the Ring Alarm and subscribe to a protect plan.
I hope you can answer to all of them :slight_smile:

I also plan to buy the Floodlight cam for my garden. Can I make Alexa’s routine only when a human is detected? So I don’t have bad triggers if my cat is caught by the cam.

If yes, can I make a routine that activates the Ring Outdoor siren (Sirène extérieure Ring Alarm) if a human is detected?

Thanks for your feedback,

Leo

Hi @LeoRoma. There is not a way to have Alexa alerts based on the type of Motion Detection that is detected. For this, I would suggest refining your Motion Detection. You can use this Help Center article here to understand how Motion Detection works.

1 Like

Ok,
And with the Ring app, can I only activate the Siren of the floodlight if a human is detected?
I ask this to avoid to wake up everybody if the siren is activated by a cat at night :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @LeoRoma. The Siren can be activated by pressing the button in the Ring app. The Siren will not come on automatically. There is also a Motion Warning that can be configured as well!

1 Like

Ok,
And can we trigger a vocal message automatically when a human is detected ?

Thanks

Hi @LeoRoma, happy to step in for Tom here. If you enable Smart Alerts in the Ring app in order to receive notifications when a person is detected, this will be a regular notification to your phone but will say that a person is detected. The Ring app itself doesn’t deliver any vocal notifications or announcements. You can receive announcements from compatible Alexa devices, but this does not extend out to Smart Alerts in the Ring app.

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring,
Thanks for your answer.
One final question : do you know if the Motion Warning Information feature will be launched in Europe (I live in France).

Thanks

@LeoRoma No, we do not have any information on future feature updates or product releases.