Protection plan plus trial

I have recently upgraded my doorbell at around the same time as my renewal of the protection plan. Having removed the old doorbell I noticed that the protection plan has been changed from a Protect Basic plan to a Protect Plus trial. I do not want the Protect Plus plan but I cannot see any way of changing this in my account and do not want to take out a plan on the replaced doorbell until I can get some clarity on this.

I am also unclear as to whether or not money that has already been taken for my annual subscription will be refunded or shifted to the new doorbell.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Hi there, @petert21. The Protect Plus trial is just that, a free trial. The free trial period applies to all newly purchased Ring devices for your first 30 days. This allows you to test out Protect Plus features and subscription plan benefits. After the free trial period (and during), you will have the option to subscribe to the Protect Basic or Protect Plus plan, or even to not subscribe at all and let the trial period end after 30 days. The Protect Plan subscription is optional, and should not automatically initiate unless you’ve requested it to, or subscribed your Ring device to a plan prior to the trial period ending. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Marley, I understand what you are saying but the free trial has also been put against an existing device that I already have a plan for and, most importantly, it does not give me any option to change that to anything else. I.e. continue with the existing plan.

Also I have recently paid for a basic plan on the doorbell that I have replaced (Taken out an Original Ring doorbell and put in a Ring doorbell 3) but there does not appear to be away that I can transfer the existing plan to the new doorbell. Will I get a refund and then take out a new plan or what? I think that you can understand my reluctance to initiate a new plan until I know what is happening with the old plan.

1 Like

Thank you for that clarification, @petert21! As mentioned in our Protect Plan help center article, when replacing a Ring device, your previous plan should transfer automatically. This will happen as long as the old Ring device was not removed from the account before setting up the new one. If it was removed already, or the transfer did not happen automatically, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.