Protection Plan Features

So I want to be clear on what I’m getting. These features, like a notification that I receive in the middle of the night, I will not be able to see the video if I try to view it in the morning unless I’m on a plan. Is that correct? It appears as if the only thing I can do is see live video without a subscription. Also, right now I can share a video from within the app and apparently I will not be able to do that either. Please confirm.

Hi there, @rvlewis. A Protect Plan subscription is indeed necessary if you wish to save your recordings. All Ring devices, when newly purchased, will come with a 30 day free trial to give neighbors a chance to see which will work best for them. While subscriptions are not required to use a Ring device, such as for live viewing and notifications, our Protect Plans come with many benefits and features beyond the already useful recordings.

As we value your security and privacy, when not subscribed to a plan, events are simply not saved/ recorded. Thus, live view or catching a live event is crucial. This also means certain features might also not be available in the Ring app, as described in the linked article above. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: