Ring Protect Plan

Browse posts, comment, and join the conversation about Ring Protect Basic, Plus, Pro, and more.
M
Protect plan for Ring Alarm Bought before March 29 but not activated
troubleshooting
ring-protect-plans
I purchased a Ring alarm 5-piece kit back in January 2023 for my store, but I have not had time to install it. It was stored brand new in the box until now and I was planning to install it next week. The problem is that I found out that all the features that were offered for free now require a basic plan. I talked to two different agents from Ring Chat support to double check and I've gotten two different answers. TL;DR If I purchased(owned) the Ring alarm before March 29, 2023, but have not activated it until now, Do I still have to pay for the basic plan when the basic features were free at the time of the purchase? Ring website states "If you owned a Ring Alarm before March 29, 2023 but don’t activate it until after that date, you will still have access to in-app features (with or without a subscription) for the expected life of the device."

09-09-2023 05:52:36

Responses (2)

J
Hi @mandooh. This statement, which is in this Help Center [article](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/12866034603028-An-Update-to-Ring-In-App-Features), is correct. > **I bought a Ring Alarm before March 29, 2023. Do I lose access to in-app features if I activate it after March 29, 2023?** If you owned a Ring Alarm before March 29, 2023 but don’t activate it until after that date, you will still have access to in-app features (with or without a subscription) for the expected life of the device. In your case, you do not have to subscribe to a Basic Plan to access the features stated in the article.

11-09-2023 07:52:41

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

11-10-2023 07:52:45

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User