Ring Video Doorbells

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Problems with IOS 15 and 15.1
live-view
app-settings
troubleshooting
ios
Iphone on ios 15.1 will not communicate with Ring Door View Cam at all. iPad on ios 15 will communicate but you cannot set the door bell volume to off. Ring app on iPhone (15.1) will not accept login details - although the iPad and laptop will. Biggest problem: how to set the doorbell ring to OFF - neighbours complaining? Slider set to mute but makes no difference.

27-10-2021 01:18:31

Responses (13)

C
Hi @user746. For the Live View not working in your iPhone, ensure that all VPNs are disabled and that your Ring App and phone's OS are fully updated. You can also try the Rapid Ring App to see if Live View works there. As for the volume, can you share a screenshot of the specific setting you're referring to? Is this for the audio at the Doorbell itself or the ringer on your phone?

27-10-2021 05:27:33

U
It's not live view I have problem with. Definately seems to be connected to ios 15 and 15.1 updates BUT As part of endless attempts to set up (door view cam) after recharging the battery (would not respond after replacing) I decided to delete the Ring app and re-download in case that was the problem. Now the app refuses to accept my login credentials (iphone 15.1). Any reason why? - login is definately correct...

29-10-2021 05:50:52

WU
@user746 having the same issue can use the app to view history or start a new live view, but if I get a notification that there is motion and click app opens and camera view just says connecting... and never shows live view.

29-10-2021 12:29:36

U
My live view is not working. I have iPhone 13 with update 15.1 OS. No VPN’s active and I tried rapid ring, it still doesn’t work. I have no obstructions to my wifi and an extender. Please help me. The history can be viewed but not the live feed. Never had an issue before upgrading iPhone and OS.

29-10-2021 12:41:38

M
I have same issue. App works but do not get ring notifications since upgraded to iPhone 13.

06-06-2022 02:19:57

T
Hi neghbours. Have you tried viewing Live View on Ring.com or another phone/tablet? Also, try viewing the Live View with cellular data only, to see we can isolate the issue. @user746, can you share an image of the specific error you are getting when attempting to login? This will give me a better idea of how to address this concern.

01-11-2021 04:14:23

S
Hi Tom, I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 15.1 and iPadOS 15.1. I cannot connect to Live View on my Spotlight Cam, either in resp to motion alert or when initiating a live view (on WiFi or TMobile 5G). My Spotlight Cam is positioned above an exterior security gate and its walk up. I also have a Ring Video Doorbell 3 on that security gate. The Spotlight Cam signal strength is RSSI-51; the Video Doorbell is RSSI-56. So both have a good connection to my router; the Doorbell 3 works perfectly. Live View on The Spotlight Cam (which is wired to a Solar panel) does not connect. Oddly, previous motion events do record and are available to review. I’ve exhausted all troubleshooting I can think of, to no avail. Help!

05-11-2021 05:01:42

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User