Pro Chime hidden networks

Hi, I have the pro chime, i’m not using the wifi extender function and this is off I the settings. however, there is both a 5Ghz and a 2.4Ghz hidden network created by the device and these follow the channel of my router i.e. if I move my router’s channel to avoid conflicting channels these move to the new channel thus competing for the air space with my router, as shown on a spectrum anaylser.

How can I turn off the AP side and just have it as a client?

I guess it’s not good that no one knows and that the option to not use the repeater doesn’t turn the radio off!

Basically means if you buy this and decide not to use the repeater you are compromising your home network’s radio spectrum!

so resetting it and NOT configuring the wifi has stopped it broadcasting its hidden network. however, if you ever configure it cannot turn it off without resetting it, hopefully, this will be fixed in a future update!

Hi @Wadoadi. If you are not using the Chime Pro to serve as a wifi extender for your Ring devices, a better option may be to just purchase a Chime. If you are within the 30 day return window, you can return the Chime Pro and get a Chime. If you have anymore questions about the function of your Chime Pro and it’s networks, it would be best to contact our support team. Please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.