Preview not long enough on Echo Show 8 when doorbell rung

Hi All,

I have an Echo Show 8 and every time someone rings the Ring Video Doorbell 3, it shows up on my Echo Show 8 (I done this by using the YouTube video guide below), but it doesn’t show up for long enough, maybe only around 10-20 seconds, by the time you look at the Echo Show 8 its already gone back to the Home screen and you can’t see who is at the door anymore, I miss them on the screen virtually every time someone rings, is there anyway this preview can be set to last longer?

Kind regards,

Ricky

3 Likes

Hi @RickyG512. The Live View shouldn’t time out that shortly. Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the Ring skill within the Alexa app? If not, I’d recommend giving this a try. You can find a list of troubleshooting steps for when your Ring and Alexa features have stopped working in our Help Center Article here. If those steps don’t do the trick, you can find a link to Alexa’s support team at the bottom of that article. I hope this information helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yall are no help. Its to many threads of people having the same problem and all the “ring” employees give the same lousy trouble shooting on each one ive read. Disabling and enabling, restarting router, unplugging devices, etcs does not work! What did i spend hundreds of dollars for IF i can’t can’t use my devices for

1 Like

Yes this is a problem and it still exist, live view is too short when the doorbell is pressed, maybe 5 to 10 seconds, should at least be 30 seconds. Or it should be settable by the user.

2 Likes

Cant believe this isn’t fixed.

The preview is way too short.

Again, please make a setting in the app to extend the preview time up to 10mins. Selectable by the user.

1 Like

Jeez - is there any update on this?
I bought Ring Doorbell and the alarm and spotlight and 2 echo shows so i could constantly see what is happening at the front door.
Surely there is a setting to make it constant? - help!

1 Like

Same issue for me.
Disconnect and reconnect skill, restart router, etc doesn’t help.
It shows only about 15sec and you won’t be able to see in echo show if you are not near that.
Time should be adjustable.

I am so disappointed on missing such important feature in Ring-alexa .

1 Like

Hey neighbors, happy to chime in and provide an update on this feature. When you have Doorbell Announcement Notifications toggled on in the Alexa app, compatible Echo devices with a screen will also show you a live view of your Ring Doorbell for 15 seconds after the doorbell button is pressed. This is the intended behavior of the feature now. For more information, check out this Help Center article.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.